High School Equivalency/GED
CURRENT TEST OFFERING: GED
What does the GED test cover?
- Reasoning through Language Arts
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Social Studies
What type of questions are on the test?
- Multiple Choice
- Drag & Drop
- Hot Spot (Select an Area)
- Fill in the Blank
- Short Answer
- Extended Response
Illinois State Constitution
- If you have already passed the high school level Constitution Test, you do not need to take it again. You can simply provide proof of passing to your Regional Office of Education in the county you live.
- If you need to take the Illinois State Constitution test, you will need to go to Illinois Constitution (ilconstitution.org) to complete the online test.
Completing the online lesson will satisfy the Illinois Constitution requirement to receive a State of Illinois High School Diploma. At the end of the lesson, you will be asked to provide information so that completion of this requirement can be connected to your high school equivalency testing (GED or HiSET). Please also print or save a copy of the certificate created at the end of the lesson to use as proof of completion. This certificate must be presented to the Regional Office of Education for the student’s county of residence to satisfy this requirement. Any person who passed the Illinois Constitution Test that was in place prior to July 1, 2022, has met the constitution requirement and does not need to complete this version.
NEED HELP PREPARING?
Highland Community College offers GED Testing preparation classes. For additional information, visit the link provided:
REQUEST A TRANSCRIPT
The Regional Office of Education administers HSE transcripts and certificates. Please refer to the table below for fees.
- UNOFFICIAL - FREE
- OFFICIAL - $10.00
- Certificate - $10.00
- Official Transcript and Certificate - $20.00
Requests are required to be submitted to the Regional Office before transcripts or certificates can be issued.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.