Parents As Teachers (Birth to 3) Parent Support Programs
Family T.I.E.S (Training, Information, Education, Support), servicing Jo Daviess County and the Parent Enrichment Program (PEP), servicing Stephenson County, partners with parents to give their children the best possible start.
Family T.I.E.S. and PEP are FREE home visiting programs for families with children birth to age three. We also provide prenatal services.
Family T.I.E.S and the Parent Enrichment Program
Prenatal – Age 3
Through the implementation of the Parents as Teachers (PAT) curriculum, the vision is to see families grow and learn to reach their full potential by encouraging and motivating parents to achieve positive outcomes.
- The process of education begins prenatally
- Learning takes place in a variety of natural settings
- Children are active, curious learners who can learn at their own pace
- Each child has unique strengths and needs
- All families have a diverse range of strengths, needs, and priorities
- Parents are their child’s first, best, and most important teacher
- In extending children’s learning through creativity
- All children need and deserve adults in their lives who are loving, kind and provide a safe environment for their child
The Parent as Teachers curriculum will provide support and encouragement to families through:
- Personal visits: Parent educators encourage activities for parent-child interaction, provide information on child development, and focus on your family's needs, concerns, and hopes
- Group connections: Share parenting experiences, gain new insights, talk about topics that interest you, and provide opportunities for children to interact
- Screenings/Early Learning Checkups: Children are screened on a regular basis to ensure they are healthy, safe, and developing on track
- Monthly newsletters or Facebook: Share up-coming community events, group connections, recipes, and age-appropriate activities
- Services for Spanish-speaking families: Families whose primary language is Spanish in the Galena area can be connected with a Spanish- speaking parent educator
- Lending Libraries: Parents may borrow books and toys for use at home with child
- Resource Network: Parent educators will share community resources to help support you through your parenting journey
- Car Seat Safety Checks (Stephenson County): We provide car seat safety checks by certified car seat technicians.
- Infant massage (Stephenson County): Our certified infant massage instructors are available to demonstrate massage techniques and discuss all the benefits of massage.
Our mission is to empower parents to be the best teachers they can be; to motivate families to make responsible choices and decisions; and to help prepare their child for a successful school experience
To provide the information, support and encouragement parents need to help their children develop optimally during the crucial early years of life.
Family T.I.E.S. has 4 parent educators with offices in East Dubuque, Galena, Elizabeth, and Lena, Illinois. The Parent Enrichment Program has 5 parent educators servicing Stephenson County. We offer free personalized visits customized to the needs of your family. Due to the pandemic, families can participate in program by having home visits, video visits, or phone visits.
If you would like more information, please contact:
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.