Family Enrichment Program
Prenatal to 3 Parent Support Program
The Family Enrichment Program, made up of Family T.I.E.S (Training, Information, Education, Support), servicing Jo Daviess County and the Parent Enrichment Program (PEP), servicing Stephenson County, partners with parents to give their children the best possible start.
Family T.I.E.S. and PEP are FREE personal visiting programs for families with children birth to age three. We also provide prenatal services.
Through the implementation of the Parents as Teachers (PAT) curriculum, our vision is that all children will develop, learn and grow to realize their full potential.
- Children are active, curious learners.
- Each child has unique strengths and needs.
- All families have a diverse range of strengths, needs, and priorities.
- All children need and deserve adults in their lives who are loving, kind and provide a safe environment.
The Family Enrichment Program will provide support and encouragement to families through:
- Prenatal support: Provide information, support, activities and resources throughout your pregnancy.
- Personal visits: Parent educators encourage activities for parent-child interaction, provide information on child development, and focus on your family's needs, concerns, and hopes. Families can participate by having in-home visits, virtual visits, or phone visits.
- Group connections: Share parenting experiences, gain new insights, talk about topics that interest you, and provide opportunities for children to interact.
- Screenings/Early Learning Checkups: Children are screened on a regular basis to ensure they are healthy, safe, and developing on track.
- Monthly newsletters or Facebook: Share up-coming community events, group connections, recipes, and age-appropriate activities.
- Services for Spanish-speaking families: Currently in the Galena area, families whose primary language is Spanish can be connected with a Spanish- speaking parent educator.
- Lending Libraries: Parents may borrow books and toys for use at home with child.
- Resource Network: Parent educators will share community resources to help support you through your parenting journey.
- Car Seat Safety Checks (Provided in Stephenson County): We provide car seat safety checks by certified car seat technicians.
- Infant massage (Provided in Stephenson County): Our certified infant massage instructors are available to demonstrate massage techniques and discuss all the benefits of massage.
Is to promote early development, learning and health of children by supporting and engaging their parents and caregivers.
Family T.I.E.S. has parent educators servicing Jo Daviess County with offices in East Dubuque, Galena, Elizabeth, and Lena, Illinois. The Parent Enrichment Program has parent educators servicing Stephenson County with offices in Freeport. We offer free personalized visits customized to the needs of your family.
If you would like more information, please contact: FEP@roe8.com, find us on Facebook: The Parent Enrichment Program | Facebook
Jo Daviess County
Family T.I.E.S. Coordinator
100 School Road
East Dubuque, IL 61025
Parent Enrichment Program Coordinator
27 S State Ave, Suite 101
Freeport, IL 61032
We are funded by the Illinois State Board of Education with services available to families who are pregnant an or have a child ages newborn up to age three.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.